Sunday, August 06, 2017

Awestruck ...

the green of the fields and the blue of the sky kissed
at some point in the distance
as the car sped past the well-paved roads
60's music, old school, is whispered by the car radio to our ears,
it is majestic to see rural Canada,
so beautiful and serene;
we're Montreal bound
still 66 miles ahead
Steve is patient at the wheel
and his wife Angie is busy checking her iPhone's GPS
alertly navigating our route
my wife Margie is silent at the moment, asleep,
and i .....
I am at a loss for words at this moment of joy ...

unbelieving, awestruck, i willed myself not to use my phone's camera
i want my inner eye to remember and record the scenes we pass by ...


July 4-5, 2017  this was one of the scenes that imprinted in my mind  ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Namaste dear brother;

very cool to read you enjoyed your visit in the area where I grew up. Most of my youth was spent in the countryside about thirty miles east of Montreal. Love and warm wishes to you and family dear Sito.

In Lak'ech, brother Sito, prosper with love... live with contentment...